Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer is kicking my ass

1) I got all teary-eyed on the last day of preschool. I was dropping my daughter off in her classroom and her little cubby was all cleaned out, her artwork in a bag to take home for the last time. Holy crap, I'm in a Hallmark commercial. "My little girl is so grown up--she's now a kindergartener, pretty soon she'll be graduating high school..." sniff, sniff
2) Two weeks later and I can't wait for school to start again. I knew I didn't want to keep her in childcare all summer, but I didn't quite put it together that it'd mean I'd have to work twice as much in half the time! Classic "why can't I have it all" working mom-itis.

Can anyone else relate to this?

No comments:

About

My photo
Oakland, CA, United States
Chronicles of a novice kids' clothing shop owner and mother in the Temescal neighborhood of Oakland. Ruby's Garden Kidwear & Flower Shop rocks my world.