Monday, August 6, 2007

Hoping for a New Home

Who would've guessed that I would be a blogger? But a conversation with a fellow entrepreneur Jerry Yoon today convinced me that it isn't that complicated to setup, and I've been looking for a way to keep you up to date on what's new in the shop, as well as with me and my world.


It's been a dramatic summer and my thoughts are all over the map as to what to do about the shop. One thing all this wondering has helped me be more certain of: I love this work! It's the best job I've ever had! The owner of the building I want to move our shop to is back in town today and I'm hoping to hear from him that he wants Ruby's Garden to move in ASAP. If we don't get that space, I'm worried we won't be able to stay in our beloved Temescal. We're also looking for a store manager to give us a hand, so if you're interested, please let us know. Please say a prayer for us, that the right doors will open at the right time.


Here's a pic of just one of our latest arrivals from a new local designer called Jasper Hearts Wren, based in Piedmont. Their Felt Owl design is all hand-cut, fused, and stitched onto a sweatshop-free American Apparel tee. We've also got their Felt Robot on a great red color tee, the screen-printed Dandelion with embroidered stitching, and best of all, the printed fabric headbands which fit little girls and grown-ups alike.

So for now, we'll continue to be open just Thursday Friday and Saturdays, 10am - 6pm, but if you can't make those days, email me for an appointment.
Thursdays are still TEA & SCONES DAY where we've got scones from our friends Bakesale Betty, so please stop in even just to say hi. Your company is always welcome!
--Mae



3 comments:

Jerry Yoon said...

We're so proud of you Mae! Blogs are such a great way for people to get to know you and your great ideas! I look forward to many more blogs from you.

I hope you get that building too, we'll be praying for you!

-Jerry

madumpling said...

So cool to see you connected! And I love the pic. You're getting requests to get a website too. :)

Nohi Kids said...

hey--found you some round about way...weird. get in touch and let me know what happened with the space.
j

About

My photo
Oakland, CA, United States
Chronicles of a novice kids' clothing shop owner and mother in the Temescal neighborhood of Oakland. Ruby's Garden Kidwear & Flower Shop rocks my world.